Sunday, April 6, 2008

Spring Cleaning!

Here are some pictures I took of the baby having fun with Ohma and me at bathtime. We're still using the sink because there's no way I could manage helping her in the tub with this huge belly of mine! Every week Ohma has been coming over on Thursday nights and watching the baby all day Friday. I was going to write about how Ohma does this to help me, but as I sit here and think about it, that's not truly accurate. The further I get into this pregnancy the harder it is for me to do a lot of things, and having a 10-month-old makes it especially challenging. Josh has taken over most of the baby duties, from getting her ready in the morning while I concentrate on trying to get myself ready for work, to taking her on food shopping trips and keeping our house tidy on a daily basis. So when Ohma comes on Thursday night and takes care of the baby through Friday night it really gives Josh the opportunity to take a breather and just have fun playing with Dagney. We are both so grateful for all that Ohma does for our family!
In other news, May 9th will be my last day of work - I officially go on maternity leave and am excited to have a few weeks with Dagney before Baby Bunks #2 arrives (then again I wouldn't necessarily mind if the baby came a bit earlier than her due date). Dagney has been doing great. She loves to "talk" and has been testing the limits of her voice by happily screaming and screeching. She can say "Ba, Na, Ga, Da, Ma" and she constantly points to objects so we'll tell her what they are...she particularly loves the pictures of our family over the couch. And in the past few days she's been exploring finger foods and feeding herself - she has finally developed the pincer grasp that mommy has been waiting for!




2 comments:

The Craft Family said...

Ohma is so much fun!! Cole loves her!

Jennifer said...

What big blue eyes you have Dagney!!! What a pretty girl you are!!