Friday, August 1, 2008

Big blue ball, little blue ball

For better or for worse, one of the greatest pleasures in life is having the opportunity to be a role model and being empowered to influence a young mind. For me, the euphoric feeling of making that first impression on Dagney was comparable to other major milestones in my life such as that first date, the first sip from dad's beer can or that first victory on the wrestling mat.

So in late July when I returned from Orlando and after I changed into my casual jeans, I sat on our aerobic blue bouncy-ball for Dagney and asked my wife how her week was. Dagney walked over to me, pointed at me and giggled.

The next few moments were pure magic as Dagney's actions gave me that first euphoric moment as a father. Dagney bent over and lined up her tush with her little blue ball...

settled back...

looked up at me...

and started to bounce!

and bounce and bounce and bounce...

"...And with great power comes great responsibility." I have not completely comprehended how impressionable I am on my little girls, but I hope my wife, my family and my dear friends can help me out in teaching her the good habits and not many of the bad ones.

1 comment:

The Keller Family said...

That is the cutest thing ever! They say imitation is the purest form of flattery.