Thursday, May 3, 2007

Your Guess Is As Good As Mine!

37 weeks, 5 days and still counting the days until we meet our little one! I went for my weekly check-up today and my OB told me that my cervix is thinning so things are progressing as they should! I welcome everyone to guess the date of birth, size and length of Dagney in the comment section. My co-workers have bets going with a $70 pot...one teacher dared to give Dagney a June birth date and I told her that I will personally hunt her down if her guess comes to fruition :)
Other than that, I have been enjoying my maternity leave and getting lots done in preparation for Dagney's arrival...washing baby clothes, writing thank-you notes, taking walks, packing for the hospital and running lots of errands while trying not to spend too much money. Oh, and Josh could speak volumes about my "nesting" tendencies as he has made almost daily trips to the dumpster with large trash bags and has witnessed first-hand my compulsion to have things look a certain way (Here is where I should include a picture of the inside of my kitchen cabinets...I even impressed myself when I was through).
Unfortunately there have been unpleasant things to speak of like swollen ankles (or "cankles" as I like to call them since sometimes my calf cannot be differentiated from my actual ankle), excruciating round ligament pain, needing to use Josh to propel from one side to another when laying in bed, referring to our stairs as "Mt. Everest" and the occasional hormonal tantrum which Josh could also speak volumes about..............

17 comments:

The Bunkers said...

Jenn's guess: ASAP!!!!

Unknown said...

May 7th
35lbs 19in...kidding..wouldn't that be great though, no dieting, although the birth might be a little painful!
I'm going with
8lbs 6oz 21 inches and a painless fast delivery!!

Jennifer said...

Hmmm, I am guessing 7 pounds, 10 ounces, 20 inches long and a May 17 arrival. Best of Luck!

Jessica and Adam said...

Okay...
May 16th (sooner is better than later:)
7 pounds and 14 ounces
21 inches long

I can't wait!!!!

Grandma Connie said...

My guess is 05/15 going with the pattern Dad's birthday is 06/15 and Mom's is 10/15.
Weight...how about 7lbs 11 oz.
Dad's a gambler and Dagney will arrive in lady like style...

Love ya all

Grandma Connie said...

I forgot to guess the length of Dagney....lets say 20 inches....

Unknown said...

Our guess is that Dagney will arrive with her blue eyes and reddish hair on May 11th, 2007. She will weigh in at 6 lbs 10 and 1/2 ounces. This will be packed into her 20 inch long frame.
You never mentioned a prize so I hereby allow all guessers to have any amount of time that may be required to hold and pet the baby. Of course hugs and kisses anytime she is in within grasp is optional.
Jenn, hurry up.

Unknown said...

We guess 5/17 Grandpa's birthday, 7 lbs 11 oz our wedding date, and 21 inches long. See you in 2-3 days!!!!!! We're hurrying as fast as we can with Dagney's furniture!!!

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Jennifer said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Aunt Nancy & Uncle John said...

We are so excited for you! 8 pounds 1 ounce, 20 inches long and Dagney will arrive May 22, 2007.

Thinking of you at this very exciting time.

Jenny Keller said...

I say she'll be born on 5/23, 7 lbs, 8 oz, 18" long. Can't wait to meet her.

Anonymous said...

Gail Seabeck said:
I'm guessing May 12th and she will be between 7 - 8 lbs. and 21 inches.
Hoping that you have a smooth delivery!!!

Anonymous said...

Franz

Dagney will arrive Friday May 18th , she will be 8 pounds
and 10 ounces, and will measure 20 1/4 inches long

Jessica and Adam said...

A little bird told me that the nursery is ready to be bloged! I can't wait!!!!

Unknown said...

Dean, Mel, Frank, Martha, and Brenda change their dates to today 20 May or tomorrow sometime between 4:50 p.m and 4:50 p.m! Love, US

Unknown said...

It looks like someone or should I say a number of someones are cheating!!