Friday, August 10, 2007

Back to Work! (for the day...)



Today I went to visit all of my friends and students at Byram Lakes Elementary where they're coming to the end of their 6 week summer session. Unfortunately what you can't see is the awesome onesie Dagney's wearing that her honorary Aunt Kara gave to her, which says "My Mommy is an Occupational Therapist" (a big hit needless to say!). Everyone clamored to see and hold the baby...and while I definitely wasn't the main attraction I did manage to get a few "I miss you Mrs. Bunkers" from some of my kids. That brought a smile to my face on a dreary and rainy summer day. In less than a month it's back to work for real, though, and I have mixed emotions about it. Tomorrow Josh, Dagney and I are going to a barbeque at the home of Kim and Fred (Fred is the brother of a teacher I work with). Kim will be taking care of Dagney starting in September and we're very excited for them to meet Dagney...we'll probably be posting some pictures so stay tuned.

3 comments:

Jennifer said...

Awesome! I am lovin the frequent blogging! My little niece is always up to something new!

Jessica and Adam said...

Great slide show! Don't fret about going back to work, it will be hard but it is nice to talk to grown ups too:)

Anonymous said...

Ms. Dagney is all smiles, love it! As for work, we have to do what we have to do. . .you'll miss Dagney but know she'll be even more smiley when she sees mommy come home (and daddy of course)! :)

Keep the pictures coming!

Love,
Michelle