Friday, August 31, 2007

You'd Never Know...

but Smiley Bunkers here kept mommy up from 2 a.m. until 4 a.m. This has only happened maybe 2 times in the past and that was when she was going through the worst of her colicy period. So now I'm scared...will she do this once I go back to work next week rendering me useless my whole work day? Why did this happen at all? She did have a rough day yesterday...she just didn't want to stay down for her normal naps. By the time Josh got her to sleep at 8:45 p.m. we were all feeling icky. Of course that didn't stop me from surfing the internet until 11 p.m. After all, vacation's almost over and then I'll have no choice but to go to bed early. So she wakes me up around 2 a.m. for her bottle and everything is going well...she's half asleep, I'm half asleep...she burps appropriately...I lay her down and she's clearly uncomfortable and squirming. I pick her up and desperately try to stop the inevitable from happening but she's wide awake at this point. Bouncing on the ball with mommy AND daddy (not exactly chipper in the wee hours) didn't work. Eventually she falls asleep but it's 4 a.m. and I'm still exhausted when she wakes up for the morning at 7:30. So all this to say I don't know how she can smile like this after that kind of night...but she made me smile, too, so all is not lost. Let's just hope there is no repeat performance in the coming weeks however I have a feeling there will be plenty more (teething is just around the corner, isn't it?).
Posted by Picasa

3 comments:

Unknown said...

Teething could have been your late night culprit...that B has a way of taking the most wonderful baby and making them a split personality!

Anonymous said...

She has grown so quickly!! She is gorgeous! I hope you guys have a restful weekend!

Anonymous said...

dagney you are the best cousin ever!! you are sooooooooo cute!!!! i love you !!!! p.s. you have the best smile in the world!!!!!! love your cousin lauren!!!!!! i love you sooooooooo much !!!!! BYE!!!!!!!!!!!