Saturday, May 3, 2008

The Second Annual NFL Draft Party

Rick and Todd visited for our second annual NFL Draft Party. Dagney could hardly contain her joy and optimism, wondering what football prospect the Minnesota Vikings would select this year. The Vikings set the bar high last year after the selection of Adrian Peterson, who turned out to be the Rookie of the Year. But Dagney and I knew there was work to be done, so we dashed off to the liquor store to hand pick our favorite beverages. Low and behold, I quickly realized Dagney is quite the snootie-tootie beer snob.

We strolled through the imported Italian wine aisle, but Dagney was not impressed and mumbled under her breath, "Pee-pee"


And as we strolled through the California wines, I got the same ornery response, 'pee-pee', 'pee-pee', 'pee-pee'.


Clearly Dagney was not impressed with wine, so we headed to the beer section. Miller Lite, "NO". Budweiser, "NO". Harps, "Seriously?". My enthusiasm began to wane as it was clear Dagney was not impressed with any of the beverages I was presenting to her.


Then suddenly Dagney smiled, pointed her fingers and began to jump up and down in the shopping cart! We finally found Dagney's drink of choice and I must say I think she was just trying to impress her Canadian boyfriend.

2 comments:

Jennifer said...

Oh little Dagney! I just shipped your birthday gift out today. If I'd only known, I would have sent you a six pack.

The Craft Family said...

Now that's my kind of woman!! Cole Craft