Friday, September 14, 2007

A Room With A View

I just love when Daddy burps Dagney in the morning and she suddenly realizes I'm sitting in the kitchen looking right at her - what a smile I get to start my day! This is the end of our first full week of me being back at work. Each day Dagney seems to get more and more used to her new surroundings at Kim's house...she's napping better there, which is something I was worrying about a lot, and doing well with a nighttime routine. My friend Kara carpooled with us today and got to meet Kim and her family when we picked up Dagney after work. Kara (always the speech therapist) commented that Kim's children are great social and language models for Dagney. As difficult as the last 2 weeks have been for me emotionally - I feel so grateful that Dagney gets to spend the day in a loving home while I still get to help many little ones overcome obstacles they face learning and participating in school. Now I'm going to spend a little time with my husband and baby and appreciate every second.

No comments: